Mother's Day Out
Are you looking for a loving, caring, and nurturing environment that will teach your child that Jesus loves them, the ABC's, manners, and courtesy? You have come to right place! At MDO of South Garland Baptist Church, we want to assure you that your child is a priority and promise from God. Contact MDO Director, Laurie Wallace, for more information about our program and how we can minister to you and your family.
We are always happy to enroll new children, so please don't hesitate to call or email.
Click Here to Enroll
Hello MDO Families!! 7/13/20
I hope all of you are staying safe and well! This virus has me so sad and frustrated! I know we are all feeling similar emotions. It has been a difficult 4 months but I am so hopeful. Our Lord speaks of hope throughout His word and I am attaching some verses to help us as we navigate through these murky waters:
- Romans 5:1 Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
- Psalm 43:5 Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God.
- Psalm 119:114 You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in your word.
I am hoping in our God. Today, in this moment. It comes and goes and I struggle to maintain this hope, but I strive to look forward to the day when we can love on our littles again and offer our families the rest and care our ministry provides. Since it has been a minute since we have spoken about our sweet MDO and our reopening, I thought I would catch everyone up on where everything stands as of today. I have spoken to Pastor Daniel and have advised him that I am pushing back our start date until after Labor Day. He was happy to hear it and agrees. We usually open our fall sessions after Labor Day but I was hoping to open early this year since GISD had decided to open earlier than usual, because we had missed opening for summer this year and because I know we are all looking for some normalcy. However, with GISD stating the 1st 3 weeks of school will be remote for everyone as students get re-acclimated to classes and that face-to-face school will not begin until August 31, it just made sense to wait until after Labor Day to begin. This gives us several additional weeks for this virus to abate and hopefully allows us to actually open! Our 1st day back is now scheduled for September 9th. This is being said with the hope that the virus will have quieted down by then. Enough so that welcoming our families back will be safe. I will continue to update you as we move closer to September.
I have heard from several parents stating their desire to attend once we reopen. I will be reaching out to everyone individually in the next couple of days to hear your thoughts, answer any questions you may have and begin creating our class lists based on your answers. To help with questions you may already have, I have listed below the steps we will implement to maintain the highest standards of care for our sweet kiddos.
- Teachers will thoroughly wash their hands upon entering the FMC (Family Ministry Center) when they arrive for work.
- An Infrared Thermometer has been purchased and teachers’ temperatures will be taken when they arrive at work.
- MDO Staff will wear a mask during drop off and pick up due to the congestion in the hallways, and, if still needed in September, during the day. Clear, acrylic face masks will be provided for our teachers so our littles can see their smiles during the day.
- Teachers and children will continue to wash their hands before snack time and lunchtime.
- Parents are asked to bring only 1 parent/guardian to drop off/pick up children to eliminate additional traffic in the hallways.
- Parent/Guardian must wear a mask when dropping off and picking up while in the building.
- Hand gel will be provided and you will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- Parent/Guardian and children will have their temperature taken at the door before entering. A temp of 100.4° will be cause to deny entrance and a doctor’s note will be required to return to school showing the child is not COVID-19 positive.
- We will continue using one set of gloves and one changing mat per child during diaper/pull-up changes. Gloves will continue to be used when helping children in the restroom.
- All diaper/pull-up changes will go into a plastic bag, tied off and placed in the large hallway trash can to eliminate them remaining in the classroom all day.
- Toys will continue to be wiped down/sprayed before putting away and returning to the Resource Room.
- Wall Hall toys will be sprayed at the end of the day.
- If a case of COVID-19 occurs, an immediate 14-day closure will begin once the information is confirmed.
These guidelines are only the beginning and can change with any new information we receive. I applaud our MDO teachers and our parents this past fall for helping us pretty much eliminate the viruses and illnesses that can run through a childcare environment. Our teachers were diligent in keeping our workspaces and our toys/supplies cleaned and sanitized and our parents were very responsive in keeping our sick littles at home. I truly believe our work together was a big reason we saw our MDO thrive this past year. Thank you to everyone!!!
The goal of MDO is to provide activities to meet the physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual needs of children ages 9 months to 4 years old. We want the children to experience God's love through happy and loving relationships in a Christian environment.
Monthly tuition is $160 for one child. Monthly tuition for two or more children is $150 per child.
The Registration/Supply Fee is $50 each semester. This fee is non-refundable after the term begins. Tuition must be paid in full by the 15th day of each month. The Registration/Supply Fee is due at the beginning of each semester (September 9 for Fall semester and January 6 for Spring semester). A monthly calendar with tuition reminders and special activities will be sent home.
Enrollees are responsible for their Monthly tuition fee, whether or not each day is attended. You are paying for your child's reserved space, not your child's attendance.
Please notify the Director in writing or email two weeks prior to withdrawal from MDO. There will not be a reimbursement given for partial months attended.
MDO is open on Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM during the school year. Children must be picked up promptly at 2:00 pm. A late fee of $1.00 per minute may be assessed if your child is not picked up on time.
Please note that we follow the Garland ISD calendar for holidays and bad weather closings. In accordance with the GISD, SGBC MDO will be closed the following dates:
The entrance to the Family Ministry Center will be unlocked at 9:00am. For safety precautions, the doors will be locked from 9:15am until 1:45. If you arrive during this time, please ring the door bell to the left of the FMC doors.
A teacher will meet your child at the classroom door. For the welfare of all the children, please wait at the classroom door. Please do not linger at the door. If your child is upset, let the teacher take your child from you. It is easier for your child and the rest of the class to walk away. We know this may be difficult to do, but when you stay, it prolongs the separation anxiety and may upset the other children in the process. Please know that we understand how difficult this is! You are welcome to call the church for an update on your child!
A sign-in sheet is located outside each classroom. Always sign-in your child and note how you or an alternate adult may be reached in case of an emergency.
If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself, you must complete a pink “Pick Up Slip” provided at the front desk. The person will be asked to show his/her driver’s license before your child will be permitted to leave the building.
If an emergency arises where you are unable to complete a “Pick Up Slip”, we must receive a telephone call from you or your spouse.
If these steps are not taken we will not release your child. We understand that this procedure may cause some inconvenience but we must put the safety of your child first.
Custody papers MUST be provided to the MDO Director.
Each child must bring their own finger food and cup for lunch. Please note, we do not refrigerate or heat lunches. Placing a freezer pack in the lunch box will keep cold items fresh. MDO provides a mid-morning snack. Sugar Babies, Gummie Bears, and Tart n' Tiny lunch foods should be cut up into bite sizes. Label all lunch boxes and cups! Alert the MDO Director and Teachers with any food allergies!
Some Suggestions for Lunch:
- Sliced fruit- strawberries, oranges, blueberries, applesauce or fruit pouches. Grapes should be quartered.
- Sliced veggies- carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers
- Lunch Meat rolls like turkey or ham
- Sliced cheese or cheese sticks
- Crackers, pretzels, or granola bars
- Fruit snacks
Please do not send messy items like Pizza Lunchables, shredded cheese or rice. These items generally end up on the floor!
Your child may bring a small snack (donut holes or mini cupcakes) to celebrate his or her birthday. Please check with the teacher or Director for any food allergies. If your child would like to send home invitations to a party, please include one for every child in the class. The teacher will distribute them.
Sick children are most comfortable at home. Please do not expose other children unnecessarily. Children MUST be fever free for 24 hours without the aid of medication (Tylenol, Ibuprofen or other fever-reducing medications) before returning to Mothers' Day Out. Children with contagious diseases require a Doctor's release before being allowed to return to MDO. Children that appear ill will not be accepted. Teachers are not allowed to dispense medication.
For your child to enroll and maintain enrollment at MDO, a copy of your child's up-to-date immunization record from your child's doctor is required. The immunization record must show that your child is up-to-date on immunizations indicated by Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for the current year.
To be clear, you must provide an updated immunization record from your child's doctor when your child reaches a particular age. These may include but are not limited to, the ages of 16, 19, 25, and 43 months. Without this immunization record, your child cannot attend MDO.
Children in the Gummie Bear, Tart n' Tiny, and Starburst classes must provide their own rest-time mat, blanket, lovey or any item that helps them rest.
Please apply sunscreen during the spring and summer months before arriving at MDO so our little ones will not get sunburned.
Please encourage your child not to bring their personal toys to MDO.
Clearly label all personal belongings (i.e. lunch boxes, coats, blankets, diaper bags, bottles, cups, extra clothes)
MDO is a place for children to play and learn. Depending on their age, they will be working with glue, glitter, paint, play dough, etc., as well as playing inside and out. They should be dressed in play clothes, such as shorts, jeans, etc. Closed toed shoes should be worn.
Hair bows, clips, and accessories probably shouldn't be worn since they are easily lost.