You're invited to join us! Worship, Bible Study & Prayer South Garland Baptist Church
SGBC is incredibly caring. friendly. inviting. welcoming.
Trasforming Lives, Transforming Community - Through Relationships
Joy In These Circumstances
Click To Connect
Stay close to your SGBC family with these links.Give Via Realm 🔒 FB Page FB Group All Worship Videos All Worship Music
Best ways to beat the quarantine:
- Email Marcy to be sure you're on the email list.
- If you don't have a REALM login, please click here to ask Marcy to set it up for you.
- From the App Store or Google Play, download “The Church App” by Subsplash, and follow the instructions to connect to South Garland Baptist Church.
- Join Facebook, and/or find the SGBC FB Page, and SGBC FB Group
- Join Instagram and/or follow Pastor Daniel for the Daily Verse.
During the quarantine, Sunday Worship Service will be LIVE streamed on Facebook. Watch for a text or email just prior to the 10:45 start. It should have a link you can click to share in the service, or you can go to the SGBC Facebook PAGE.
Jeffrey and the SGBC music department continue to lead us well! Here are the most recent music recordings.
Some classes and other meetings are taking place via Zoom video conferencing. The 1-minute video below shows you how to join a Zoom meeting. Ken Schweers has created a set of instructions that will make it easy to Zoom! Click here (updated 4.5.20) for Ken's instructions, or click the button below for the video.
How To Join A Zoom Meeting
COVID-19 / Coronavirus Response
From Pastor Daniel 3.23.20
Last night (March 22) Dallas County issued a shelter-in-place order for all individuals in the county due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, effective at 11:59 m tonight. Among the new restrictions were two which affect South Garland Baptist Church directly:
- “Religious and worship services may only be provided by video and teleconference. Religious institutions must limit in-person staff to ten (10) people or less when preparing for or conducting video or teleconference services, and all individuals must follow the Social Distancing Guidelines including the six foot social distancing.”
- “All businesses operating within Dallas County, except Essential Businesses as defined in below in Section 2, are required to cease all activities at facilities located within the County. For clarity, businesses may continue operations consisting exclusively of employees or contractors performing activities at their own residences (i.e. working from home). To the greatest extent possible, all Essential Businesses shall comply with the Social Distancing Guidelines attached, including maintaining six foot social distancing for both employees and the general public.”
Regarding the restriction on worship services, our plan for Sunday morning (March 29) remains the same: we will be broadcasting via Facebook Live at 10:45 am, just as we did yesterday, and the recorded video will be available later in the day both on Facebook and the church website. Our plan for Sunday’s service complies with the county’s order, so the order does not change anything in that regard.
However, the order does affect the day-to-day operations of the church. Given that the church is not considered an “Essential Business” as outlined by the county’s order, all church staff will be working from home through April 3 in order to comply with the order and safeguard the health of our neighbors.
Despite this change, the business of the church will carry on, albeit remotely. Prayer requests can be sent to Marcy by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can continue giving online through Realm or by mailing a check to the church (the mail will continue to be checked daily). Staff will continue to serve the church and community online—primarily through the church’s Facebook group, which I encourage you to check for daily video Bible studies and announcements—as well as by phone. And most importantly, we will worship together on Sunday morning via Facebook Live. As I said in yesterday’s sermon, church is not cancelled—it is simply being remade.
Please continue to pray, to give, and to serve as best you can during this period when love for our neighbors means staying in our homes. I will continue to update you as things develop and change.
Click here for a printable version of this email.
Email List / Prayer & Praise / Get Realm Login / ?s / Sign Up / Get Help
Video Viewing Tips
- Scroll to the desired video, if it's not first-up.
- Turn ON the computer sound.
- Turn ON the Facebook video sound.
- If you want, you can click the white-circle-f on the bottom of the video to open it in a new tab.
Your SGBC Realm Click Here
Search SGBC Directory on Realm